Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hummus with Roasted Red Peppers

I am on a hummus kick, it seems, but I made another hummus recipe this afternoon and I loved it. It was completely different from the previous ones I've made. It is from "125 best Vegan Recipes" by Maxine Effenson Chuck and Beth Gurney.  The original recipe includes:
  • 1 (14 to 19 oz) can chickpeas:  rinsed and drained
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • half of a red roasted pepper, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp salt
My version of the above recipe: I used lemon squeezed from the plastic yellow lemon, 1/2 small jar of garlic seasoned Italian red peppers, the can of chickpeas, 1/4 cup tahini, 1 tsp of ground cumin, and 1/8 tsp of white pepper.  I left off the salt and the garlic was in the red roasted peppers.  I blended everything together in the food processor and let it blend until creamy.

Serve chilled.  Great on carrot and celery sticks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment