Sunday, May 2, 2010

Favorite Olive Hummus Recipe to date....

Hummus Recipe


I have tried several hummus recipes in my food processor that ordered from Amazon (I love it!) and they have turned out pretty good. The ingredients just were not exactly what I wanted. Each one had something that I liked about it but none were my favorites.  Today, I made one that I'm very happy with and will make again.  I took the ingredients out of each recipe that I really liked and put them together to make one that I will make again and again. It is my favorite to date. This is the recipe:

Olive Hummus

  • 1 can chickpeas
  • 5 cloves fresh garlic
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1/3 cup soy yogurt
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. ground chipoltle pepper
  • 1 large can black olives (6 oz.)
  • 1 Tbs. olive oil
  • parsley garnish 
  • sliced olives garnish
  • few drops of olive oil on top
First, put the tahini and lime juice in the food processor.  Cream, then add all of the additional ingredients however, make sure you add one or two chickpeas at a time and not all at once.  It will make the mixture much creamier.  I saved three olives from the can and after putting the hummus in a bowl, I sprinkled a little parsley, olive oil, and sliced olives on the top.  Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment