Monday, June 28, 2010

Pecan Sunflower Burger and Walnut Hemp Burger

One of the easiest raw foods to make in a hurry that is very filling is the Thrive Diet's burgers.  I previously listed the Almond Flaxseed burger and liked it very much, however, today I made the other two recipes listed in Brazier's book:

Pecan Sunflower Burger (my personal favorite because they are spicy...)

1 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup ground raw sunflower seeds
2 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS coconut oil, hemp oil, or EFA Oil Blend (sold by Brazier's company: Sequel Naturals)
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp sea salt

Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend.
The recipe says to shape into two burgers but I find they are too big so I make the recipe into three burgers.  Still very filling but not over the top, particularly if you are going to have a small salad with it.

I enjoyed this burger raw.  The first time I made the Almond Burger, I cooked it for 35 minutes at 300 degrees, however, he suggests eating them raw and honestly, they have a lot more flavor and are very moist if they are not cooked.

The second burger I made today was Walnut Hemp Burgers.

Walnut Hemp Burgers

1 cup of raw walnuts
1/2 cup hemp seeds
2 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS coconut oil, hemp oil, or EFFA Oil Blend
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp sea salt

Follow the same directions as the burgers above.  I decided that since I used the food processor already, I would make the additional burgers and put in the fridge for another day.

Brazier suggests serving them with a bun and burger condiments.  I have not tried that as I just prefer to eat them raw with a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment