Thursday, July 8, 2010

Banana Cocao Shake

My favorite shake to make this week is the Banana Shake in Raw Food Made Easy; using the Chocolate Shake Variation.  I have made it once a day since finding it.  The ingredients are few and very simple to make quickly.  They fill me up and rather than a snack, are more of a replacement meal.
Here is my version of the recipe:

1 frozen banana
1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
(The recipe includes 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar, however, I find that I do not need it.  It is sweet enough with the store-bought almond milk.  If I were making my own, it may be needed.)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBS unsweetened cocao powder

Using the slower speed on the blender and move up to blend/puree.  This is a large shake; full of chocolate flavor and lower on calories due to the lack of added syrup or nectar.  Excellent!
(For a much thicker shake, cut the milk down to 1/2 to 1 cup of almond milk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment