Friday, July 16, 2010

Sweet Potato Sesame Pizza with Double the Crust

This is a great pizza from the THRIVE DIET.  I changed the original recipe a little bit as I wanted to try doubling the crust.  I like both versions but I think the sauce is SO good that I may like the crust thinner.  However, either way, it is excellent.

2 cups ground sesame seeds
2 cups grated sweet potato
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup EFA Oil Blend (or coconut oil)
2 Tablespoons garlic
2 teaspoons dried basil
Sea Salt to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
Process until well blended.  Oil baking dish with coconut oil and preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread evenly into a large baking dish with no more than 1/4 inch thickness.  Top with Marinara Sauce below.
Then bake for 45 minutes.

Marinara Sauce

2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 cups filtered water
1 cup grated cucumber
6 Tablespoons hemp oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons rosemary
1/2 teaspoon thyme
Sea Salt to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon)

Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the water for at least 20 minutes before moving them to the food processor.  Process all ingredients.  Spread at least 1/2 of recipe over pizza. Save the rest for zucchini pasta or a dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment