Saturday, October 2, 2010

Raw Vegan Gently Spiced Protein Shake

I tried a great new shake and I want to share the recipe with you.  My raw diet is still new to me and occasionally I find myself in a rut, eating the same things over and over.  So today, I decided to try something new.  Boy, was I pleasantly surprised.  I found this recipe and modified it to fit the ingredients I had on hand and it is going to be a staple.  Here is the recipe with a view modifications:

Gently Spiced Protein Shake

1 cup of filtered water
1 cup of ice
2 frozen bananas (be sure to use ripe, not green... green are bitter)
2 heaping tablespoons of Garden of Life's Raw Protein
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Blend until smooth and creamy.  Fall is in the air!

To visit Kristen's Raw: Living Foods * Longer Life and see the original recipe, click HERE. (Oppps... I originally had the wrong link... please try again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment