Friday, August 6, 2010

Dehydrated Energy Bars

This recipe is the same that I made last week, which can be viewed here. In the original recipe, it had two ways to complete the bars.  You could either roll the ingredients in balls and then into unsweetened coconut, which I did last week.  Another way was to dehydrate the bars after moving the ingredients to a Teflex-lined tray (or you may use parchment paper on the tray).  Before I moved them into the dehydrator, I scored them into 12 bars.  They are in the process of drying.  If you choose to make the bars, they may be much easier to transport to work for lunch, which I did so I could take them to school. I decided they would be much easier than a moist, refrigerated ball. ) :-)

Directions for dehydrating the recipe link from above:

Flatten onto a Teflix-lined dehydrator tray to about 1/4 inch thick and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 12 to 15 hours.  Flip halfwary through and remove the Telflex.

  
This is what they look like before they go into the dehydrator.

After 15 hours, I removed the bars and placed them in snack bags.  I wasn't sure if they needed refrigeration to make them last longer, so I put them in the fridge, just in case.  They will be perfect to carry to work (school).  Can't wait to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment