Saturday, November 24, 2012

My New Juicer - Omega J8004

This morning, I tried my new Omega J8004 Juicer for the first time, making Green Giant Juice.  I used a recipe  in The Raw Food Revolution.  It was very good.  The recipe calls for a bunch of kale, romaine lettuce, cucumber, celery, a lemon, and an apple.  I used two apples.  I won't lie, it does taste VERY green, like kale, but with the celery and lemon, it is very good.  I have used a Vitamix for several years and love it.  I resisted buying a juicer because I liked the idea of having more fiber in a smoothie, however, I  was not eating/drinking enough greens so I decided to buy the juicer.  I have a few photos from my first experience with the new juicer.
This was the juicer as I started the recipe, all setup and ready to go.
I added fresh organic kale.  I was very easy to juice.

Below, you can see the juice from the kale.

The photo below is the pulp.  I ran it through the juicer one extra time and did receive more juice.

This was the final product.  

Green Giant Juice

It provides 200 mg. of calcium per serving, 9 grams of protein, and less than one gram of fat.
The recipe lists this as two servings. 

The BEST PART was that it took me about two minutes to clean up.  All of the parts of the juicer that need to be washed are external and clean-up is quick and easy.  
So far, I think this juicer is a great investment!