Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thrive's Almond Flaxseed Burgers

Tonight, I made Thrive's Almond Flaxseed Burgers.
The photo to the left is the burgers after being cooked at 300 degrees for 35 minutes.  The option was to eat them raw or cook them at a low temperature.  For me, eating raw garlic bothers my stomach so I preferred to cook the burgers.  I thought they were very good raw, except for the overwhelming garlic taste.  When I make them again, I'll leave out the garlic and eat them raw.  I did enjoy them cooked and they reminded me of the crust on the Sun-dried Tomato Pizza that I made last night.  I read on another blog that a couple made the burgers and commented on how good they were but said they were VERY filling.  The recipe was to make two burgers; I made the ingredients into three burgers to decrease the size per serving. 
Here is the recipe:

Almond Flaxseed Burgers

2 cloves garlic (I used one)
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I ground the whole flaxseed in a coffee grinder.)
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
2 TBS coconut oil
Sea salt to taste (I added 1/8 of a tsp)

Here is the photo of the burgers prior to cooking:

Brazier suggests topping with Black Bean Salsa and putting them in hamburger buns.  I ate them without any toppings since this was my first experience at this recipe. 

I personally liked them.  I just would not call them a burger; just burger shaped.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment