Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Morning Smoothie

I can't say enough about my VitaMix 5200.  I'm thrilled with the quality.  When I first ordered it, I wasn't sure that I would notice a big difference in it and a standard higher quality blender.  There is NO comparison!! In my standard blender, I would make a basic smoothie and would usually have frozen banana pieces and chunks of ice in the smoothie.  With the VitaMix 5200, I add ice and even nuts to find them ground into a smooth wonderful drink.  Here is a sample of my morning smoothie which I'm enjoying as I type....

1 to 1 1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 1/2 scoop Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer
     (May substitute 1 to 2 TBS of Almond Butter for VWFHO)
1 frozen banana
1 handful of fresh blueberries
2 TBS (approximately) raw cacao nibs (cacao powder is great, too)
1/2 to 1 cup of ice

BEFORE and AFTER.....
 Hmmmm... Chocolate Smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment